How does it work?
- Add captions instantly to your meetings, lectures or seminars, either in-person or online.
- You can also add timestamped notes, synced to your transcript, and highlight key information so you never miss out on the important stuff.
For more meaningful note-taking
- Generate a live transcript of what’s being said in your meetings or lectures, highlight important information, upload additional media, and add annotations.
- Revisit your notes at a later date to revise and recall the most important bits.
Captions as unique as your conversations
- Captions improve how information is processed and absorbed, whether you’re deaf, have hearing loss, are neurodivergent, or are just trying to be attentive in lectures and meetings.
Caption.Ed is available as a Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser Extension and as a Mac and Windows desktop application. We strongly recommend that students use the Chrome / Edge Chromium Browser Extension.
The minimum system requirements to use Caption.Ed are:
- Chrome / Edge Browser Version: the latest version of Chrome or Edge Chromium. Computer system requirements are typically not required.
- Mac Desktop Version: Apple M1 processors, a minimum of 4GB of memory and Big Sur operating system.
- Windows Desktop Version: Windows 7 or later, 512MB memory, Intel Pentium 4 / Athlon 64 or later with SSE2 support CPU and 500 MB free disk space.
A strong and stable internet connection is required for Caption.Ed to work.